Ok, yeah, this is already hogged out for the ball and drilled for one of the LED's. Sorry! I didn't think to start documenting this project until after I had already started. So, sue me :) To get to this point is a simple matter of grinding the rivets off the back cover plate and popping it off. Mine was metal, some are plastic. These are pencil sharpeners to begin with, by the way :) I used a water bottle cap as a template and marked the opening for the ball with a sharpie. I clamped it in my vice and drilled small holes near the sharpie line and snapped out the waste. I used a Dremel with a sanding drum to remove the rest of the pot metal (zinc) out to the black line. Took a half hour altogether. The LED hole is 3/32" to fit a 5mm LED. I didn't like the antique bronze look so I sprayed it all gold.